COVID 19 – Coronavirus Letter
Dear Patients and Families of Dr Brown Orthodontics,
As you are aware, we had to close down our office in mid-March due to mandates from the Governor, the American Dental Association and the Utah Department of Health except for emergency dental care. This week we received word from the state that we will be able to open our practice again for routine orthodontic treatment. We are so excited to be able to see our amazing patients and their families again starting this week. Along with the permission to open our practice, the state has imposed many guidelines and restrictions that we will be following in order to keep you and our team as safe and protected as possible during this difficult time. We are so grateful for your cooperation and patience as we work to deliver exceptional orthodontic care during this global health challenge we are all faced with.
- Either at check-in or before your appointment, each patient will be asked brief medical and social history questions.
- To help maintain social distance, when possible, only the patient should come in the office for their appointment. If a parent or guardian needs to attend, only one guardian will be allowed to accompany a patient to their appointment.
- Patient’s and guardian’s temperatures will be taken upon arrival at their appointment
- To maintain social distancing, our reception area will be rearranged and some patients may need to wait in their vehicles until they are ready to be seen.
- We will be doing our very best to see you on time and take you directly back to the treatment area. This is new for all of us and it will take some trial and error to adjust our schedule according to these new guidelines. We recognize the value of your time and will do all we can to efficiently and safely see all of our patients.
- Patients and guardians are now required to wear masks while in the office. Patients will remove their mask for treatment. Due to a national shortage of masks, we ask patients and guardians to provide their own. If a guardian does not have a mask, they will be asked to wait in the car.
- We will be adjusting our normal schedule in order to comply with social distancing efforts
- We will continue to practice our usual rigorous disinfection and sterilization processes as well as frequent disinfection of all non treatment surfaces.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times and eye protection during procedures that produce aerosols
- For patients who may not feel comfortable coming to the office at this point, we have established a virtual appointment option that is available now on our website: www.drbrownorthodontics.com. This may be a good option for Invisalign checks, retainer checks or observation appointments or for those who may be at higher risk due to age or health concerns. Please contact our office for more information if you are interested in this option.
We promise to keep you informed as this situation changes and although things may be different for a time, we know you will still feel our dedication and commitment to your health and beautiful smiles during your orthodontic care. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We are so happy to be able to see you again and keep your orthodontic treatment moving forward!!
Dr Brown Orthodontics
Dear Patients and family members,Dr Brown Orthodontics is a family-focused company, and the health and safety of your family and our team members has always been our highest priority. Given the spread of the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, we want to be clear about measures we have long had in place, as well as additional safeguards we have recently enacted, to prevent the spread of contagious diseases.
Because we work in close proximity to patients, here are a few measures we are taking:
- The office team will continue our healthcare protocols to reduce the spread of contagious diseases.
- Please notify us if you or your child has a runny nose, cough, sneezing, vomiting, or fever—or has been around anyone who has those symptoms and we can reschedule your appointment.
- Team members have been asked to be equally attentive to their own health and follow CDC guidelines.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have enacted the following additional safeguards:
- We instructed all team members to adopt the preventive actions published by the CDC to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and other contagious diseases.
- We encourage you to click the hyperlink above so that you and your family members can learn and adopt the preventive measures.
Also, if you, your child, or a household member has recently traveled abroad, it is important that you contact our office so that we can determine if a temporary 14-day suspension of services is warranted.
Our leadership team is monitoring the latest information about COVID-19 each day, while paying strict attention to the guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as other national, state and local health agencies. As needed, we will update families, team members and others about our response to the outbreak, possibly including a disruption to our service.
Justin T Brown DDS
Dr Brown Orthodontics